This is such an exciting next few days for me. Today, is April fools (I love playing pranks on people) tommorow is my birthday, sunday is Easter festivites and MONDAY is opening Day!
So much to look forward too! This will be my last post before the season begins. I’m so freaking excited! I wish all the teams luck. I’m looking forward to a great 2010 season.
- ESPN magazine’s predictions:
- As you probally know by now, the Pirates claimed Hayden Penn off waivers from FL Marlins. To make room for him on the roster, they designated Brandon Moss for assignment.
Can’t say I didn’t see that one happening. Since we got him from the Jason Bay trade, he has been down right awful. I think I read somewhere that in ST he had a pretty long hitless streak.
- The Pirates also resasigned Erik Kratz to minor league camp, making Jason Jaramillo as backup catcher to Ryan Doumit.
- Spring training has been pretty rough for the pirates. Last time i checked I think they were 7-16.
I’m excited that ST is almost over and the 2010 season is FINALLY ready to begin!
- Lastly, I want to thank everyone for all the kind words and all of the comments I’ve gotten about giving away some of my tickets. I was raised by one of the kindest, sweetest, nicest mothers you’d ever meet and it rubbed off on me. I realize I could sell my tickets (ones I can’t make it to) on stubhub bc let’s be honest, everyone could use money these days but I understand how the economy is right now. I have loved baseball since I was little and during rough times its nice to forget about everything and enjoy yourself at a game. I know it sounds cheesy but if everyone gave a little, or spread a little love the word would be a much better place. I hope I don’t have to miss to many, but things come up. I will miss most wed games during the first half of the season. So keep checking back (you dont even have to read my blog lol) and hopefully you’ll get my seat to an upcoming game.
Only 4 Days 2 Hours 58 Minutes!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and PS. Opening day Monday I am going to PNC park the crack of dawn. I am having bfast near by the park and want to be one of the firsts in line. If any other Pirates fans plan on going early, let me know. I love meeting Pirate fans!