Cliff Lee to Rangers & other notes
As everyone I’m sure knows by now Cliff Lee was traded to the Rangers this afternoon. I’m a huge fan of small to mid market teams, like the Rangers and I’m excited for the fans there in Arlington as well for the organization.
On my earlier post I discussed Lee to the Yankees. When I woke up this morning, rumors were a swirling. I’m very happy to see the deal did not work out with New York. A lot of NYY fans were upset. Cry me a river! You have CC, Burnett, Pettitte, Mo. I mean, do I need to go on and on? I feel like big market teams fans are very greedy. Welcome to the life of a Pirate fan. I cheer for the underdogs and the mid market teams. I think home grown talent is how baseball should be ran (but that’s another story)I’m very excited to see him in a Rangers uni.
I’m done rambling..
Some tweets regarding the trade:
@MLB “Today is a great day for the Texas Rangers organization.” – MGR Ron Washington
@MLB Nolan Ryan: “A proven starter, an innings-eater…he’s going to bring a presence to us that is gonna have an impact…on rest of staff.”
@MLB “They said, ‘Great move, Jon Daniels.’” – Ron Washington on #Rangers player reactions
@MLB #Mariners GM Zduriencik: “We decided that if we were able to acquire the amount of talent we wanted, we would make a deal for Cliff. ”
@MLB “The process of building a World Championship team…is based on continually acquiring more top talent for the organization.” – Zduriencik
@MLB #Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik: “We believe we have taken another step closer to winning a championship in the future with this trade.”
- For all the reactions (from players, management, broadcasters, ect) regarding the trade read mlbtraderumors
- The full MLB article on the trade and to see who the Mariners got in return read more.
- Jake Peavy to undergo surgery to repair detached latissimus dorsi muscle in right shoulder Wednesday. He will resume throwing in Spring Training.
- Padres, Matt Latos (Since May 1st) 9-2, 1.56 ERA, 9.0 K/9IP
- The Padres won 7-1 over the Nats yesterday. It was they’re 50th win before the All-Star Break- the 1st time since 1998 and only the 3rd time in franchise history.
- Clayton Kershaw (last 12 games) 8-2, 2.20 ERA, 6.2 IP per start, 10.1 K per 9 IP
- Carl Crawford hit a 445 ft homerun yesterday vs Cleveland. He went 2-4, 2HR, 4RBI. It was his 5th career multi HR game.
It’s getting closer to the July 31st trade deadline. Let the madness begin.
- Some noteable Potential free Agents (position players for 2011)
Have 2011 Option:
No 2011 Option:
- Noteable Potential Free Agents (Pitchers for 2011)
Have 2011 Option
No 2011 Option
I am watching Pirates Pre Game and here are some good Pirates/Brewers Stats:
- Last series @ Miller Park April 26, 27, 28)
Pirates Record: 2-1, 16 runs, 35 hits, 6 doubles, 7 Home Runs (2 by McCutchen, 2 by Doumit)
Both wins came in last at-bat.
- Flat Brews (Last 5 games)
1.6 runs per game
6.6 hits per game
2 Home runs
0.71 AVG w/ RISP
10.4 strikeouts per game
team ERA 5.73
Home runs allowed 9
opp avg .301
They left 17 runners on base yesterday.