The dreaded brew crew
I am a very positive and likeable person. I don’t use the word hate or dislike in my everyday vocabulary. Unless…
The Brewers are in town, or playing the Pirates. Yuck!
I don’t think I dislike something more than the Brewers and Ryan Braun.
As you know. The Pirates and Brewers don’t like each other very much. There always a fight, or a dirty pitch to hit someone. My favorite home games are against the Brewers. Fans boo and yell at Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder and the rest of the team. (I actually don’t hate Fielder. He just may be the only one)
Reasons why I hate Ryan Braun:
1) He is a tool.
2) He is a cry baby.
3) He is wayyyyyy to cocky.
Which is a shame because he is a good looking very talented ballplayer. It’s overshadowed because of the way he acts and the things he says about the Pirates and city of Pittsburgh.
The Brewers are 5-3 against the Pirates this season. (Including that 20-0 game that I hope to one day erase from my memory. I was at the game and was not a very happy camper.)
Today’s Pitching Matchup:
5-7, 4.50 ERA
Maholm’s last outing was not a good one. 7ER, 10 H, was pulled in the 4th inning. He has given up at least 4ER in 3 of his last 4 starts. (Aside from 2 really bad outings) Paul has been pretty good this season. Prince Fielder is only hitting 0.91 off him in 33 AB’s and Ryan Braun has been slumping as of late.
1-4, 7.56 ERA
It is his 1st start since being on the DL (Indlammation of the lining around his heart) In his last rehab start he pitched 7 innings, allowed 1 Run on 6 hits.
Around the Ballparks:
- Barry Zito had a bad outing yesterday. Only went 4.2 IP, 7H, 2ER, 7K.
- Aubrey Huff (Last 7 games) .393 AVG, 5HR, 12RBI, 8 Runs. 11 hits in 28 AB’s.
- Buster Posey went 2-4 yesterday, HR (6), BB. Since the Bengie Molina trade, Posey has been hitting .500. His last 4 games: .600 AVG, 4HR, 9RBI (9 for 15)
- Cliff Lee to the Yankees? As of right now, rumors are swirling and its looking like its true. Although, it hasn’t been offically annouced. MLB.com
- Jake Peavy is out the rest of the season after a MRI showed a detached muscle in his back that effects his right pitching arm. He had a 1.67 ERA in his last 6 starts.
- The White Sox have won 5 straight- including a sweep of the Angeles (Last sweep over LAA was 1983) The CWS are only 1/2 game back of the Tigers in the AL Central.
- The Phillies had a walk off win (HR) by Schneider last night in the 12th inning. Brad Lidge blew the save in the 9th.
- Ubaldo Jimenez got his 15th Win yesterday, COL beat STL 4-2.
15 or more wins before All-Star Break (Since 2000)
2010, 15-1, 2.20 ERA, 113K – Ubaldo Jimenez
2000, 15-2, 3.44 ERA, 100K – David Wells (TOR)
- McClain (1968) was the 1st pitcher to win 30 games (Finished 31-6)
His stats at the All-Star break: 21 Starts, 16-2, 2.09 ERA, .194 opp avg
- Hanley Ramirez on HR Derby:
“I’m not doing that. I’m going to cancle it. I’m just worried about how my bat is going to feel after.”
He joins the list of Ryan Howard, Josh Hamilton, Robinson Cano and Albert Pujols who will not take part in this years HR Derby.
The Players who have commited are:
NL- Corey Hart, Matt Holliday
AL- Miguel Cabrera, Vernon Wells, David Ortiz