Happy Happy Joy Joy
I used to love Ren & Stimpy when I was a kid. Honestly, who didn’t?
When I woke up this morning, that song was playing in my head. Not only is the All-Star break over, but the Pirates are at home for a 10 game home stand.
There’s no place quite like a ballpark, is there? =)
Today’s Pitching Matchup:
6-6, 3.41 ERA
Myers has pitched atleast 6 innings in all of his 18 starts this season. Milledge hitting .357 (14 AB) against him.
3-8, 5.49 ERA
Duke is making his first start since June 16 (He was on the DL for left elbow stiffness) Duke will be on a 75 pitch count.
Berkman vs Duke: .250 AVG (24 AB) Lee vs Duke .269 AVG (26 AB)
Other Pirates News:
- Pirates signed third round pick Rojas Jr. The Outfielder will begin with the Class A State College Spikes.
- The Bucs are looking to start the second half off right.
“Everybody seems re-engergized,” Russell said at the Pirates workout at PNC Park. “It’s not just the break.”
“Being home is going to be good for us,” Russell said. “We’re excited.”
- Ten possible positives for Pirates second half -PittsburghPostGazette
- No more platoon for Milledge -PittsburghPostGazette
Around the Ballparks:
- Tim Lincecum beat the Mets, 2-0. It was his 50th career win as well as his 4th career shutout. 9IP, 6H, 1BB, 5K, 110 Pitches, 77 for K.
- The White Sox won 9th straight yesterday after beating the Twins 8-7. Beckham went 2 for 3 with a HR (4) and 2 RBI. He is expecting a big second half after a slow start to the season.
- Jason Heyward returned to the lineup yesterday since coming off the DL. He went 0-4 with a K. But he did make this Amazing catch.
- The Orioles Matt Wieter was placed on the DL with a hamstring strain. The move is retroactive to Sat. Weieters came out of Friday’s game after a stumble at second base. Juan Samuel hoped the four day All-Star break would be enough to suppress the injury. Craig Tatum will be the likely choice to play behind the plate.