AFL Update (Mesa Solar Sox)
The Mesa Solar Sox in the Arizona Fall league has played five games so far this season. Since the prospects are such an important part of the Pirates future, I wanted to post on how some of the Pirates’ players have done thus far.
- Pitcher Brian Leach in two games: 2.0 IP, 2H, 0R, 2K (0.00 ERA)
- Pitcher Aaron Pribanic in one game: 2.1 IP, 2H, 1R, 0ER, 3K (0.00 ERA)
- Pitcher Justin Wilson in one game: 2.0 IP, 2H, 1BB, 3K (0.00 ERA) According to Keith Law, Wilson hit 95 on the gun in the first and several 93 and 94′s.
- Catcher Tony Sanchez in three games: 12 AB, 3R, 4H, 1R, 1BB, 4K (.333 AVG, .385 OBP)
- Third Baseman Josh Harrison in three games: 15 AB, 1R, 2H, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1BB, 5K (.133 AVG)
- Short Stop Jordy Mercer in three games: 14 AB, 2R, 6H, 1 2B, 5 RBI, 2K (.429 AVG, .429 OBP)
- Outfielder Andrew Lambo in five games: 24 AB, 7R, 7H, 1 2B, 1 HR, 5 RBI (.292 AVG, .458 SLG)
The Mesa Solar Sox –which also has players from the Angels, Phillies, Cubs, and Mets organizations– are 4-1 and are tied in first in the AFL East with Scottsdale.
Arizona Fall league started on October 12th and runs through November 18th.