Bucco news and notes:1/26
- Ross Ohlendorf spoke to Upper St. Clair middle school on Wednesday for day three of Pirates caravan. He, along with Andrew McCutchen and Evan Meek, discussed the importance of education the dangers of bullying.
“I like it a lot,” Ohlendorf said of participating in caravan. “Everybody is really big Pirates fans and it’s fun to interact with the people that support us and are looking forward to watching us turn things around. It’s also a lot of fun to come talk with the kids. When I was younger, I remember we had athletes come visit and it was always really cool.”
- Pirates pitcher Paul Maholm landed safely in Pittsburgh on Wednesday. He tweeted, “Just landed in the burgh it looks cold but looking forward to seeing some die hard fans over next few days.”
- The Pirates farm system was ranked No. 19 in the Baseball America Prospect Handbook (Royals were No. 1).
- ESPN’s Keith Law ranked the Pirates farm system 21st out of 30 in Major League Baseball.
- Pirates Outfielder Andrew McCutchen was interviewed on MLB Network Radio on Wednesday (Unfortunately, I was unable to listen or tape the interview). Jim Bowden did say this after the chat, “A.McCutcheon [sic] told us he loves the city of PG. He is open to being with Pirates for years to come.; had no comment if offered long term deal.”