Brewers @ Pirates 4/12: Postponed by rain
Tonight’s game against the Milwaukee Brewers was postponed due to rain. The Pirates have not yet announced when it will be made up.
- The pitching match up for the next two games versus the Brewers are as follows:
Wednesday, April 13th: Right-hand pitcher Shaun Marcum vs. Righty Kevin Correia
Thursday, April 14th: Left-hand pitcher Randy Wolf vs. Lefty Paul Maholm
- The Pirates announced that right-hander Jeff Karstens will take Ross Ohlendorf’s (15-day disabled list) spot in the rotation on Friday in Cincinnati –at least for one turn, according to Rob Biertempfel of the Tribune.
- Evan Meek threw on the side on Monday and told Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com that he expects to be ready to go on Wednesday.
- Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com also reports that both Chris Snyder and Joe Beimel are just a few days away from being with the big league club.
Snyder (lower back) has caught five straight games with the Bradenton Marauders and has not had any back soreness that sidelined him this spring.
Beimel (left elbow) threw again today, marking the first time he has thrown on back-to-back days this year. In the two appearances, Beimel faced the minimum (six) with three strike outs.
Manager Clint Hurdle said the club wants to see how Beimel feels tomorrow before the decide his next step.
- Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that:
Fans with tickets to Tuesday’s game are free to exchange those tickets to any Sunday through Thursday home game this season, expect the June 5 game against the Phillies and the June 26 one against the Red Sox.